Friday, March 1, 2013

Up-Cycled Crop-Cut Knit Sweater


So yesterday I went to a thrift store and bought a bunch of used clothes for about $7-$13 a piece. I figured I would alter some of these clothes to turn them into my own custom pieces. So here is a quick  tip to create an old sweater into something that probably still looks vintage, but with much more appeal and personality!

BEFORE
AFTER

Essentially, I bought this used. loose sweater; it's a knit crop style sweater.
I also bought crochet lace trim from Fabricland.
With my handy dandy sewing machine, I used the trim to make a collar on the front neck line of the sweater. It gave it this vintage look that I personally love.
So after running it through the wash, I wore it today to work with black, high-waist leggings and black suede wedges from Nine West.
This ended up being my outfit, I love love love it! Definitely doesn't look like I only spent 15 bucks to make my top ($12 on the sweater, $3 on the trim)

So if you want to find an inexpensive way to customize your outfit, give this little number a try! ENJOY! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment